Tuesday 31 March 2009

on barbie's birthday celeb

I've never known a girl who never had a Barbie. I know there exist a few but come on...a lot of us ladies really started playing with our sartorial tastes when first opened the beauty in a box. I even went to the length of asking a seamstress to make clothes for my Barbies. I had 13 with a house to keep all of them plus a wardrobe for all their clothes and accessories. Of course I didnt want to lose any of those tiny shoes! I think there was no better way of celebrating her 50th than the recent fashion show with America's top designers. Totally loved the show! Here are my fave looks that I've also categorised:

very barbie...these looks have the barbie "fashion spirit" down pat...flamboyant bordering on tacky..hey i had my first play on clothes colour with my barbies...

Betsey Johnson

Monique Lhullier

Reem Acra
Beauty queen Barbie...lavet!!!!

retro barbie...reminds me of vintage barbies with a fringe or ponytailed hair..

Nicole Miller


Vera Wang


Calvin Klein
the turban did it..

modern barbie...if i were to buy barbies now, i'd love these outfits on her...


Jeremy Scott
I think we can call this SS09 Barbie...mainstream on the jumpsuit..

Diane von Furstenburg
i think this can be called timeless barbie...those wrap dresses can really withstand passing trends in your closet...and with pink it's that totally feminine look we try to pull off for certain events..

Alexander Wang

This is my overall fave...very now but still very Barbie..love it!


On a category all its own...matching outfits for ex-couple Barbie and Ken by Kenneth Cole...


They got almost everything right. The outfits, the hair, the makeup, the arm candy...except that I was expecting more voluptuous girls. I remember reading Barbie in real life have boobs bigger than her head! Not that I am expecting glamour models sashaying down the runway...maybe more of the VS Angels..hahaha...I wish! All in all it's nice to see my lil girl sartorial fantasies come to life :)

Photos from Stylebible.ph

1 comment:

A Wander Girl said...

Hi Patricia!

Thanks so much for following my blog. I am really glad you are enjoying it. This time I'm trying to post more regularly. Do you have a blog as well? Let me know :)