Saturday 14 June 2008

jewellery: black, white and etched

It's London Jewellery Week and I don't know how it almost slipped my radaaar!!!! I vow to be a bigger part of it next year.

Anyhoo, I was looking at Vogue UK's showcase of jewellery online and this set of Christopher Kane AW08 brooches reminded me of another collection I liked.

That collection would be Satellite Paris' SS08 Shantaram Gris range. I first saw the lot at Selfridges when I was on my way to the magazines section with fellow jewellery designer S. She bought a ring from the Shantaram Blanc collection. On the other hand, I was a good girl and didn't buy any of the following pieces I still covet!




































They are not necessarily copies of each other but elements including colour, material, and detailed etching are same distinguishing characteristics.

I hope for a miracle in finding these pieces on sale in a couple of weeks!!!

No comments: